Hargrave Builds Your Dream
Motor yacht builders generally build in a production-line fashion. At Hargrave, the production building method is simply not within our business philosophy. A unique creation should never be forced to follow any template pattern. Like an art masterpiece, there is no real creativity in painting the same picture over and over. Think of it this way, at Hargrave, we’re creating original works of art like the old masters, one at a time. While many builders are content selling high quality numbered “prints”, at Hargrave we pride ourselves on turning out individual masterpieces that our owners are justly proud of.
What Are the Advantages of Semi-Custom Yachts over a Full Custom Yacht?
Hargrave has custom-built over 75 distinctive custom yachts since 1997. Each one is as unique as her owner(s). Many ideas have been explored along with that extensive building experience. Countless innovations and inventions have been created and their development already paid for. The three biggest reasons why semi-custom yacht building is so appealing is:
- Saves a lot of time
- Saves a lot of money
- Saves reinventing the wheel on your nickel
In all those 75 vastly differing yachts, the possibility that someone’s dream that we have already built may be similar to yours increases every year, and that means you can capitalize on what has already been developed and paid for on a previous project and can be included in yours at little or no cost.
Some examples of the current innovations you could adopt in a Hargrave semi-custom yacht are:
- All New High Efficiency Hulls such as the new 100′ -120′ hull developed by Jack Sarin for Hargrave.
- Tried and true Caterpillar engine systems, those that have proven to deliver superior, reliable service around the world.
- Unique Floorplan Arrangements with hundreds of designs available for your inspection it can save you countless design hours.
- Building For Special Needs such as oversize beds, higher headroom, elevators and wheelchair access has already been worked out
- Custom Peck Plans allowing for full-beam staterooms, widebody salons and oversized galleys will give you endless choices
Since your ideas will all be incorporated at minimal cost during the initial planning stages, it is a simple matter to incorporate any desired special features on your Hargrave yacht. Once again, Hargrave’s building practice is to create yachts around the personal needs of each individual owner.
Fulfill your exact needs and wants but spend far less time in the development and early construction stages. Most highly accomplished people want to digest quickly what they need to do, and then get it done. When that is the case, time to completion is important. So it is with semi-custom designed yacht building: time to readiness for use is important. Your custom changes and additions can be built into a yacht that can be ready for your use sooner. The time saved can be as much as six months or more, perhaps even a year, over a full-custom build. At the same time, your yacht will still be a completely new original – totally different from all other yachts we have built to date.
Your completed custom yacht will yield more equity since the yacht is still an original, and it commands the same resale value on the other end. The difference comes from the savings in new creations, original designs and the labor involved in creating and implementing the creativity. You will realize more equity because your initial acquisition will be less. The yacht is just as valuable in all aspects of equity, usability, luxury and comfort. Even more, it will still be a completely unique statement of your own wants and needs.
Here are just a few of the interesting ideas that have arisen during the planning of semi-custom yachts:
- Multiple control consoles, well-suited for the owner-captain
- Specially designed central spiral staircases that reach all decks
- Large country-style galleys, large enough for a chef’s type of entertaining
- Super private and secluded VIP quarters, designed fully forward or fully aft for your important guests
- Crew quarters forward or crew quarters aft
- Extra height (over seven feet) headroom clearance
- Game or exercise/gym rooms, grandchildren rooms, office space, reading areas, extra guest spaces
- More sundeck space and extended upper aft decks
- Flybridge lounging and entertaining areas
- Full scuba lockers including compressors
- Full fishing gear including live well tanks
Crewmembers have told us that in their experience many of these Hargrave innovations would not even be considered possible by production builders.
When a custom builder such as Hargrave has so many previously developed custom yachts, piecing together similar designs and features is so much easier. With the development already done, you can do so much more with a semi-custom design with a smaller investment. Building your own yacht based on previous designs simply isn’t possible with a production yacht.
Talk to us about your wants and needs and let us have an opportunity to show you how we can turn your dreams into reality. Give us a call at our toll-free number, (800) 551-9590 or contact us on our website. Let us talk to you about what Hargrave can do for you.